Types of batteries, which one?

Old 05-07-06, 07:09 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Types of batteries, which one?

I got a battery charger for X-mas, it's a Black&Decker Automatic Smart Battery Charger. The only thing I would use this charger for is to just charge my car batteries and my lawn morwer battery. In the instructions they ask me to select the type of battery I have. They want me to select either WET, GEL, or AGM. What would be the diffrance between these batteries? I'm guessing that a WET battery would be one that you fill with water. My lawn mower battery is sealed so I have no idea what is in that one. Would a sealed lawn mower battery still be WET? What does WET, GEL, and AGM mean?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-06, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by grantiman
I got a battery charger for X-mas, it's a Black&Decker Automatic Smart Battery Charger. The only thing I would use this charger for is to just charge my car batteries and my lawn morwer battery. In the instructions they ask me to select the type of battery I have. They want me to select either WET, GEL, or AGM. What would be the diffrance between these batteries? I'm guessing that a WET battery would be one that you fill with water. My lawn mower battery is sealed so I have no idea what is in that one. Would a sealed lawn mower battery still be WET? What does WET, GEL, and AGM mean?

Why would you need to recharge your car or mower batt's in the first place ? both should be self-contained.

Old 05-07-06, 06:51 PM
W
depends on how long your car sits up. New cars have a parasitic draw with all the computer memory.ie ECM/Radio?Climate control. Eventually a battery will slowly discharge.