Buick A/C Blows Warm Air

Old 05-07-06, 01:15 PM
Buick A/C Blows Warm Air

I've have a '95 Buick LeSabre. Bought it late last fall and didn't think to check to see if the A/C worked. Now that it is warm again, I turned on the air and it blows warm air. The compressor clutch does not engage when I turn on the air although the clutch does turn freely when I turn it by hand when the motor is off. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-06, 01:53 PM
Group Moderator
Possibly low or no freon in system. You'll need to have it checked by someone with the proper gauges (down here evey garage in town will do a free check; of course they expect to get the job if it needs charging or repair).

Old 05-08-06, 01:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
compressor won't run

get a new compresser maby a used one from a junkyard somwere make sure it works first before buying

Old 05-08-06, 02:08 PM
the tow guy is right probably just low on freon due to a leak have the system checked out by a shop it usually doesnt cost much for a system check.

Old 05-08-06, 04:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by lexmarks567
get a new compresser maby a used one from a junkyard somwere make sure it works first before buying

There is a good chance that the poster's vehicle has a refrigerant pressure safety switch tied into the clutch wiring that will not let the clutch lock up with the pulley when it is low on refrigerant.