nova 88 again

Old 05-10-06, 05:39 PM
nova 88 again

I have thanks to you guys changed my brakes and rotors. getting them to come off was an ordeal. Now I am hearing in the front the sound of what would seem to be metal running around contacting other metal about the sound of a worn disc brakes cutting into the rotor, but not as bad, but constant.

The sound I am sure is not normal, but having just put brakes and rotors on it I do not know what could be causing this. I checked for grease fittings to fill or something to pack with grease but there is nothing there to grease or oil.

I am thinking the berarings need replaced but do not know how to get into them to change them out, can any one explain the process to me or know of an internet site I can conjure up. Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-06, 06:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
So we can presume that the sound has happened only since you just replaced the brakes?

Could be some metal particle got trapped and lodged in a pad, I suppose. Or, you didn't install the brake pad wear-indicators on right and they are sticking out and hitting the rotor.

Probably are going to have to jack car back up again and spin tire and listen. Then if need be, remove the wheel and do same + inspect.

Old 05-11-06, 12:36 PM
nova

I just bought the car and only drove it once to get it home, not sure of the sound before but wish I had paid more attention now.

I did as I said in the past post loosen the big nut and could only get it off with air impact wrench. I put it back with air impact wrench, so I am assuming that would have been tight enough. Hopefully more answers to my problem will come up until then I will jack and listen when it quits raining. Thanks much!

Old 05-11-06, 04:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Let us know what you find out. Speaking of lettuce...I haven't done lunch today!

Old 05-11-06, 06:35 PM
nova

I did try something today, I drove the car hearing the sound and remembering what was said about brake dust or installing with out this or that, I applied the brake going down hill, and the sound did not go away, leading me to think it must be something other than the brakes