Rim & Tires Sizes

Reply

  #1  
Old 05-11-06, 01:15 PM
chevyastro4x4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Watertown
Posts: 592
Question Rim & Tires Sizes

I don't have the time(Work And School) to take my rims down to a tire place and see what tires i could put on so thats why im here. I need to know what tires sizes would fit on a 15x8 rims.
Thanks
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 05-11-06, 01:56 PM
Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 269
Originally Posted by chevyastro4x4
I don't have the time(Work And School) to take my rims down to a tire place and see what tires i could put on so thats why im here. I need to know what tires sizes would fit on a 15x8 rims.
Thanks
If those are the original equipment WHEELS, why not re-install the same size tires that the car came with? I believe you will find the tire size listed on a sticker near the drivers door.
 
  #3  
Old 05-11-06, 02:08 PM
chevyastro4x4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Watertown
Posts: 592
Originally Posted by SLJ2137694
If those are the original equipment WHEELS, why not re-install the same size tires that the car came with? I believe you will find the tire size listed on a sticker near the drivers door.

this are rims i brought from a pawn shop with no tire on them
 
  #4  
Old 05-20-06, 07:29 PM
jatco's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,045
Which vehicle are these going on?
1991 Pontiac Grand AM LE
2.5L L4 EFI/TBI/FI
...OR..
1990 Chevrolet Astro AWD
Extended Sport Van
4.3L V6 TBI OHV 12V
.
What were the OEM tires/wheels for the vehicle that you're considering to upgrade to!
.
Check here..to see what you could do...
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
.
Pretty much any 15" tire will fit a 15" rim...but the question is what is that 8" wide rim's offset..and will it clear your calipers and clear your wheel wells?
 
  #5  
Old 05-20-06, 09:27 PM
chevyastro4x4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Watertown
Posts: 592
Originally Posted by jatco
Which vehicle are these going on?
1991 Pontiac Grand AM LE
2.5L L4 EFI/TBI/FI
...OR..
1990 Chevrolet Astro AWD
Extended Sport Van
4.3L V6 TBI OHV 12V
.
What were the OEM tires/wheels for the vehicle that you're considering to upgrade to!
.
Check here..to see what you could do...
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
.
Pretty much any 15" tire will fit a 15" rim...but the question is what is that 8" wide rim's offset..and will it clear your calipers and clear your wheel wells?
its going on my astro. the rims clears the calipers
 
  #6  
Old 05-21-06, 08:00 AM
jatco's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,045
What size are your stock rims and original tires?
 
  #7  
Old 05-21-06, 12:02 PM
chevyastro4x4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Watertown
Posts: 592
Originally Posted by jatco
What size are your stock rims and original tires?

i dont know what the rims size were but the tires are 205/75/15
 
  #8  
Old 05-21-06, 07:11 PM
jatco's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,045
From what I can determine, from searching, your stock rims are probably 15x7" on 205/75/15.'s.
You could probably go to 225/70/15's althou your speedo will be out by 1.1% too slow, pretty close to stock....so if you're doing 60MPH youre actually going 60.7MPH...not that the cops would pick that up.
That would give you a wider foot path to the road and more traction.
That of course would depend on the availability of that size.
Have you checked into a reputable tire dealer to see what they have to say??
Just my $.02 worth...!
Good luck...and let us know how you make out...!
 
  #9  
Old 05-21-06, 09:20 PM
chevyastro4x4's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Watertown
Posts: 592
Originally Posted by jatco
From what I can determine, from searching, your stock rims are probably 15x7" on 205/75/15.'s.
You could probably go to 225/70/15's althou your speedo will be out by 1.1% too slow, pretty close to stock....so if you're doing 60MPH youre actually going 60.7MPH...not that the cops would pick that up.
That would give you a wider foot path to the road and more traction.
That of course would depend on the availability of that size.
Have you checked into a reputable tire dealer to see what they have to say??
Just my $.02 worth...!
Good luck...and let us know how you make out...!

thanks your $.02 was worth it
 
  #10  
Old 05-22-06, 09:59 AM
jatco's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,045
Originally Posted by chevyastro4x4
thanks your $.02 was worth it
You're welcome...
(cheap enough, eh! -j/k)
Let us know what you go with.
 
  #11  
Old 05-22-06, 01:44 PM
LouBazooka's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 553
Originally Posted by chevyastro4x4
I don't have the time(Work And School) to take my rims down to a tire place and see what tires i could put on so thats why im here. I need to know what tires sizes would fit on a 15x8 rims.
Thanks

You need to go to a Tire shop anyway right ? You need to have Tires Installed and Balanced as well as a Car Alignment so why not just go to Shop and let them help you decide which tires you want to put on based on Price, Tire Mileage and overall tire performance ?
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.