changing PCV valve

Old 05-14-06, 04:37 PM
Red face changing PCV valve

hi guys i have a 2001 Nissan Altimi have done allt he basic tune up stuff like spark plugs , air filter , oil filter and so on
could you please tell me whree the PCV valve is located so that i can change it myself, i have been ripped off too many times from unscrupulous mechanics
any help would be greatly appreciated

p.s a diagram would be real nice

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-06, 03:47 AM
I don't have a diagram handy but it's not a job that you wanna tackle with, giving you all the tools and equipment that requires for the job, it's still take more than couple hours to do just for replacing the PCV on your car plus something else that breaks off while you are trying to get to a PCV.

Standing on the right fender, facing at the engine, looking at the right side of the engine on the intake side, under the intake manifold, between the head and block and right at the corner of the timing chain cover, you MIGHT see a piece of hose that running from the back corner of the timing chain cover to the rear of intake manifold,the PCV is located at the timing chain cover end.

If you plan to tackling this job, make sure there's other car available for you to use for may be couple......................days.

I wish you best of luck. You'll needed.

Old 05-15-06, 04:27 AM
changing PCV valve

well thanks a lot, i thought i would have been a 5 minute job but i guess not, i'll just have to go to a mechanic to do this one

Old 05-15-06, 05:00 AM
I've "heard" (don't know for sure) you could get to it from underneath by removing the oil filter and filter mount, removing the breather element and removing it from there
I've not tried this

Either way it's not a 5 minute deal

Old 05-15-06, 09:25 AM
There are a few ways to get to it, you could try removing oil filter and it housing, other with small arms are trying thru from the back after removing throttle body and or from the top, none of them get the job done without cursing and bloody knuckles.

I'd just leave it alone unless you are really want it replace or you have a problem with blow-by, other than that, just lets it goes.