92 oldmobile silhouette

Old 05-17-06, 01:18 PM
92 oldmobile silhouette

My 92 oldsmobile silhouette surges at low crusing speeds and stalls after stopping or deceleration. It also wants to or does stall during acceleration sometimes. It only does this after the engine has warmed up never when its cold. I already replaced plugs, wires, distributer cap, rotor, fuel pump, battery cable ends, gas cap, fuel filter, air filter, and I have found no vacuum leaks so far. It was showing code 15 coolant sensor. I fixed that and it never shows any other codes. I unplugged my EGR valve before but it still stalled. The van runs great on the interstate, although it does seem to surge a little. It will run at high speeds all day, but as soon as I get off the interstate and stop at the light it wants to stall, and gives me touble. Could a little exhaust leak be causing this? Can any one of the sensors be causing it? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-06, 01:25 PM
does it restart after it stalls? does it want to die when put in gear?

Old 05-17-06, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by bejay
does it restart after it stalls? does it want to die when put in gear?
it will restart and is fine in park or neutral. when I put it in gear then it will stall again if I dont give it a lot of gas

Old 05-17-06, 01:39 PM
it could be a torque convertor clutch staying engaged usually causes the vehicle to jerk and die when coming to a stop much like a standard vehicle would if you didnt put it in nuetral or push in the clutch when stopping.
you can temporarily disconnect the plug in on the side of the transmission to see if the problem still occurs the plug in is on the side of the transmission facing the front of the car usually square shaped and 3-4 wires if the problem doesnt occur after disconnecting probably has a tcc solenoid in the transmission that needs replaced to fix depending on the transmission it may not hurt to leave it disconnected suggest you ask transmission shop about your model if you find that is causing the problem.

Old 05-17-06, 01:55 PM
Thanks bejay. I'll check it out right now.