Car Cleaning

Old 05-19-06, 11:28 AM
Car Cleaning

Hi everyone.

My daughter left a crayon on my brand new car seat and it melted and I am trying to figure out how to get it off.

Can someone please help?

My car seat is black cloth material and the crayon colors are red, green and yellow.

I was told to use ice. I haven't tried anything yet but just wondering what the best solution is.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-06, 11:41 AM
I think ice is a good start. This gets the wax cold and brittle so you can scrape the bulk of it off with a dull knife.

I think the next step is to blot the remaining wax by placing a paper towel over the spot and melting it with a clothes iron over the towel. The paper towel should soak up the wax.

Old 05-19-06, 12:18 PM
I have used both methods Kestas mentioned
It's best to start with cold and get as much as possible off first

The iron method should be the last resort after as much as possible is removed, as it will melt some on the wax into the fabric
If most of it is removed, and the paper sucks the majority of visible wax up, it can work effectively

Old 05-19-06, 07:19 PM
MSA
Originally Posted by SNGLQUT
Hi everyone.

My daughter left a crayon on my brand new car seat and it melted and I am trying to figure out how to get it off.

Can someone please help?

My car seat is black cloth material and the crayon colors are red, green and yellow.

I was told to use ice. I haven't tried anything yet but just wondering what the best solution is.

Thanks
Melted Crayon Tips

Search this Thread