Bigger Wheels

Old 05-19-06, 01:19 PM
Bigger Wheels

I have a 2002 suburban lt with 16 inch wheels and am really considering moving up to a 20 inch wheel. I would like to know what kind of damage this could cause to my vehicle if any. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-06, 07:16 PM
MSA
Originally Posted by ms1swawscw
I have a 2002 suburban lt with 16 inch wheels and am really considering moving up to a 20 inch wheel. I would like to know what kind of damage this could cause to my vehicle if any. Thanks
If anything you compromise the ride quality. You will have a harsh ride and possiblility of future suspension degradation as well as a possiblilty of throwing off the speedometer.
If you insist, Just stay as close to OEM specs.

Check out the Tire Rack Upgrade Garage Just plug in your info.

Old 05-19-06, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by ms1swawscw

The braking will suffer you may need to upgrade to better pads or discs ( Im not sure ) due to bigger wheels, also those low profile tires are a pain they get flat too often, we have a 2000 suburban K2500 LS with the all terrain B/F Goodrich tires , no complaints whatsoever

Old 05-20-06, 07:22 PM
You'll also have to take into consideration the offset as well. Will these clear your wheel wells?
That's a pretty steep up, from 16's to 20's...

Search this Thread