please hel me 93 cougar

Old 05-19-06, 02:23 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
please hel me 93 cougar

so yesterday im drivin off work and my throttle gets stuck and i got in an accident, in drive and park it will idle at like 2 or 3 rpm and when u put it in drive it idles down but u can drive it like 55 mph without eavin touchin the gas pedal, can someone please help me asap i need to get to work@@ aim wayne4dubb yahoo waynecorecords86 any help is greatly appreciated

Old 05-19-06, 05:03 PM
I have never ever been able to get out of a speeding ticket using that excuse (MY GAS PEDAL STUCK) but anyway i quess it happens, lets head over to the auto parts store and get a replacement throtlle cable and install it and stop wreckin man

Old 05-20-06, 01:03 PM
C
Originally Posted by waynecorecords
so yesterday im drivin off work and my throttle gets stuck and i got in an accident, in drive and park it will idle at like 2 or 3 rpm and when u put it in drive it idles down but u can drive it like 55 mph without eavin touchin the gas pedal, can someone please help me asap i need to get to work@@ aim wayne4dubb yahoo waynecorecords86 any help is greatly appreciated
Have you checked double checked to make sure the TPS (throttle postion sensor) is still tight? I believe it has two screws that hold it down. I agree with Former Member, a new set of throttle cables might be a good idea too.

Christopher

Last edited by Forums; 08-11-06 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-20-06, 02:51 PM
K
Disconnect the throttle cable at both ends and check the three components - throttle body, throttle cable, and pedal - to determine which component is sticky. You should be able to bracket the problem with this exercise and determine which component needs to be repaired or replaced. It's not unusual to get a kink in the throttle cable, especially if there has been recent work done under the hood by some gorilla mechanic.

As I've always said to people with this problem, it must get fixed pronto, because this is a serious safety concern. Unfortunately, you found out too late.

P.S. Are you sure it's a sticking throttle and not a massive vacuum leak? Can you force the throttle closed to a decent idle?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: