Camry auto door locks

Old 05-21-06, 01:36 PM
Camry auto door locks

Here's the mystery: My '95 Camry auto door locks do lock from the driver's side button, but they do not unlock. They will unlock by turning the key in the driver's door lock. I've tested the switch for continuity in the unlock position so it's not that. Any ideas? My repair manual does not show the circuitry for the door locks that well.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-06, 06:48 PM
just to be clear... when you said auto door lock, does this mean that they lock automatically when the car is in motion? let us know we are here to help,

barry

Old 05-22-06, 04:50 AM
Group Moderator
I'm sure he means just the power locks; the '95 Camry didn't have the type that locks the door when you select "Drive" or start to move.

Old 05-22-06, 07:34 AM
I mispoke

I should have said "power door locks" not "auto." As the tow guy says, this model's locks work only manually or from the door switches. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 05-22-06, 11:15 AM
Group Moderator
Has to be in the unlock circuit. If not in the switch itself, either in the wiring or the actuator. Going to take some work with a meter.

Old 05-22-06, 04:09 PM
possible

It is not uncommon for a wire to break in the bundle were it goes into the door from the many open and close cycles maybe the one wire that unlocks them is broken you will have to find that wire in the door and start probing.

Old 05-22-06, 05:17 PM
Broken wire

I think you're right, really that's about all it can be. I'm hoping someone has had this happen. Anyone have a wiring diagram? What is the color code on the unlock wire?