1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Security Alarm

Old 05-21-06, 04:01 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Security Alarm

I just purchased a 1993 Grand Cherokee with 102000 miles for my daughter. The seller told me that the alarm "sometimes" goes off by itself. Well, that wasn't entirely true. It seems to go off about 10 minutes after the engine is shut down every time.

I read somewhere else that I could manually deactivate the alarm by putting the key in the door and giving 2 quick left turns and a right. The first time I did that it did not seem to work. Now I just tried again, I'll have to see what happens.

Anyway my question is: Does anyboby know how long this manual diactivation is good for? And when I want to reactivate the system what do I do?

Thank you.

Old 05-21-06, 07:41 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MEDFORDBOB
I just purchased a 1993 Grand Cherokee with 102000 miles for my daughter. The seller told me that the alarm "sometimes" goes off by itself. Well, that wasn't entirely true. It seems to go off about 10 minutes after the engine is shut down every time.

I read somewhere else that I could manually deactivate the alarm by putting the key in the door and giving 2 quick left turns and a right. The first time I did that it did not seem to work. Now I just tried again, I'll have to see what happens.

Anyway my question is: Does anyboby know how long this manual diactivation is good for? And when I want to reactivate the system what do I do?

Thank you.
Is the alarm system factory installed or aftermarket? If it's
the latter do you know what brand it is? You might want to
check under the dash near the fuse panel for a control
module for the alarm system. On my Windstar I had a Python
system and when the key fob got lost I had to disable the system by disconnecting the harness from the unit. Never
had a problem driving the van after that.

Christopher

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: