Help with air cleaner..........

Old 05-23-06, 05:50 PM
Help with air cleaner..........

I have a 1994 chevy K-1500 V-6 4.3 pickup that I'm replacing the air cleaner on. There is a flex hose on the air cleaner that's connected to a big black box mounted on the side of the engine compartment. Is there something in that black box that also needs to be changed? Is there a filter or something in there?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-06, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by grantiman
I have a 1994 chevy K-1500 V-6 4.3 pickup that I'm replacing the air cleaner on. There is a flex hose on the air cleaner that's connected to a big black box mounted on the side of the engine compartment. Is there something in that black box that also needs to be changed? Is there a filter or something in there?

need a little more info : are you replacing the air filter or the whole air cleaner intake unit ? is it broken or something ?filter should be on side of engine by the front of vehicle, yes in big black compartment, 4 screws 2 on each side, filter element facing down.

Old 05-26-06, 07:04 AM
I have a round air filter that sits on top of my carb, thats the one I'm changing. On the carbs air filter, there is a flex hose connection my air filter to a funny shape plastic thing mounted on the side wall of my engine compartment. It looks like it goes through the side and draws air to the air filter.

Old 05-26-06, 07:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There may be a mass air flow sensor in the flex tube or in the box. Nothing to be changed or adjusted by you. If it ever goes bad, you would get an engine code.

Old 05-26-06, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by grantiman
I have a round air filter that sits on top of my carb, thats the one I'm changing. On the carbs air filter, there is a flex hose connection my air filter to a funny shape plastic thing mounted on the side wall of my engine compartment. It looks like it goes through the side and draws air to the air filter.

Oh OK, yeah that's your stock air intake, air from outside passes between fender wall , passenger side.