gasohol

Old 05-24-06, 01:19 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
gasohol

Some people i know are complainingg that after they fill their cars with gas the cars run bad and get lousy gas mileage.
This is in the new England area. Pumps say 10% alcohol.
They say their gas cap is on correctly.
Any thoughts?

Old 05-24-06, 02:07 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
We run on 10% ethanol in the Midwest year round without problems. The 85% stuff they are hoping to convert to is only about 70% as efficient as gasoline and when that day comes, the mileage will be lower. Part of the grand plan is to produce it cheaply enough the the dollars per mile driven will balance out.

Old 05-24-06, 03:32 PM
Thanks. I guess i wouldn't have believed that gasohol would reduce gas mileage and operation. Seems like all this will open up another "can of worms".

Old 05-24-06, 04:35 PM
M
federal

I do believe it is a federal fuel now and it is 50 state wide change from the MTMBE additive of the old days. Here in TX we also have the 10% alcohol to 90% gas I have not heard of any problems.
The E-85 that is in the midwest and can only be run in flex fuel cars is not here yet in the Fort Worth area.
I am waiting to find some so I can run it in my Flex fuel Taurus but I am sure the oil companys are in no hurry since it will cut in on there profits and we sure do not want to do that

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: