2001 Daewoo Nimbra

Old 05-26-06, 03:12 PM
D
DUD
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2001 Daewoo Nimbra

I know they no longer make them, but my Son needs a car. I have found a 2001 Daewoo, with 16,000 city miles. Owned by an old maid, She is related to one of my in-laws. It has never been out of Jonesboro,Ar. She took it to a shop and they told Her the a/c compressor is bad. I am an old a/c man, and I wondered how much of a job to replace the compressor is? The loan value is $3600.00 low end, and I can get it for $1200.00. Does anyone know about How much trouble it is. Thanks, Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-06, 05:02 PM
B
I would be more concerned about parts availability and price if you are familiar with a/c work and have the equipment needed to do the job properly then you can probably save alot on the repair but not sure you would want to own the car if parts are not readily available or more expensive than normal.

Old 05-26-06, 05:06 PM
If I were you, I'd stay away from that Daewoo, it's hard to get replacement parts and the waiting time is from 3 weeks up for some small accessories and may take months for some powertrain parts IF you can find it. There was a time that when you buy a new Daewoo, you get a second one free deal but still not too many people buying them.

Old 05-27-06, 07:12 AM
D
I find it odd that Daewoo never caught on in the states as an auto manufacturer. Their heavy equipment are all well engineered and hard to kill.

Before you slam the door on the Daewoo, check your area for used foreign car parts yards and their availability of Daewoo parts and also check with small and foreign car parts distributors.

Old 05-27-06, 09:22 AM
D
DUD
Thanks for the replies, There are several salvage yards in a 50 mile vicinity that have the cars. I don't think parts are a real issue right now. If it would last long enough til it was paid for, to me, it would give him freedom to do something else with it. Bill