1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Old 05-27-06, 07:59 AM
Angry 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

I have a 95 jgc when you first start it and drive it will spit and sputter when trying to change gears after being drove for about 15 mins it is fine. I have tried letting it warm up for 15 mins but doesnt help has to be drove or if i will start it and put it in drive and pull the emerengcy brake and let it run for 15 min it will drive fine. But even in park if you try to rev it up it will just spit and sputter. I have changed almost every sensor on the car, new sparkplugs and wires, new distributor cap, new main computer installed had a diagnostic machine to check for trouble codes and every time says it is running fine. Have put over 2000.00 in it trying to fix and still nothing. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-06, 08:56 AM
Have you tried cleaning the injectors and throttle plate? A lot of times the throttle plate will be diry and stick and cause problems till it gets driven some. Does the gas pedal stick when you first start driving it?

Old 05-27-06, 09:46 AM
I have already done that also and the gas pedal doesn't stick i was told it could be my transmission fluid would that be a possiblilty?

Old 05-27-06, 10:30 AM
Yes your transmission fluid could be too dirty, low, or old. Transmission fluid should be changed AT LEAST every 30,000 miles. I don't know how long you have had the vehicle, how many miles, if you've ever done a tranny fluid change, etc... My recommendation is if you don't know too much about the tranny fluid history or if it has been a long time, go to a shop or 10 minute oil change location and have them do a transmission fluid flush. Hope this helps!

Old 03-29-07, 06:02 AM
Smile

Finally got it fixed was the crankshaft sensor.