Runs rough!

Old 05-28-06, 09:18 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Runs rough!

I have a 2001 Ford Taurus, 3.0L engine, that has started running rough. The OBD II indicator light stays on steadily but sometimes it blinks constantly. My manual tells this is also a Service Engine Soon light and I should have the engine serviced soon. I had the engine serviced but the light still comes on and the engine still seems to be missing. Also, when I turn on the air conditioner it comes on strong and then after a short time it blows warm air. Then it will blow cold air again. Anyone have any advise as to what I should do?

Old 05-28-06, 02:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gtsayers
I have a 2001 Ford Taurus, 3.0L engine, that has started running rough. The OBD II indicator light stays on steadily but sometimes it blinks constantly. My manual tells this is also a Service Engine Soon light and I should have the engine serviced soon. I had the engine serviced but the light still comes on and the engine still seems to be missing. Also, when I turn on the air conditioner it comes on strong and then after a short time it blows warm air. Then it will blow cold air again. Anyone have any advise as to what I should do?

It sound like a misfire on one of the cylinders, start by checking for loose or worn wires from coil packs to spark plugs, take it to autozone they will read codes for free and print out possible causes, you can post codes back here

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: