97' Grand Prix Alarm Problems!!

Old 05-29-06, 01:15 PM
97' Grand Prix Alarm Problems!!

I have a 97' Grand Prix with an automatic trans. and 3800 Series II engine. I got into an accident last Chirstmas and haven't been able to drive it. It was a minor accident and the car is still able to be driven. However I didn't have the funds at the time to straighten everything out.
Anyways. The key doesn't turn all of the way back to allow it to be removed. So over time the battery died. I jumped a few times as to get it out of the garage to work on it. The last time I jumped it, I moved it out to work on it. (I took the hood off to bend it back into shape.) When I went to jump it to move it back into the garage the alarm (I didn't know I had) tweeked and when I went to start it the alarm went off and won't let me start the car. It isn't just the horn honking either.

I have tried removing the negative wire to the battery for a minute to reset it but that didn't work. I also tried unlocking the driver's side door with my key to diable it but that didn't work either.
I need help to figure out how to get the alarm off so I start my car to be able to get it fixed. If anyone knows what I could try...a fuse to pull or a wire to disconnect...please help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-06, 02:59 AM
Doesn't sound like a factory system. Aftermarket alarms are a real pain to deal with, as usually the owner's and installation manual went bye bye long ago. You could try to remove the system and restore the vehicle's wiring harness back to original condition. This might mean knowing what the original harness is supposed to look like. Not an easy solution.

Old 05-30-06, 09:29 AM
Thanks... I found a Marksman MC45 Alarm system installed on my car.

Old 05-30-06, 10:41 AM
Lightbulb

I also looked up the owners manuel online and ordered the remote key for my model. I also found out that I can turn it off by using the valet switch (I always wondered what that switch was for under there) until the remote key gets here. Thank you for your help!

Old 05-31-06, 03:03 PM
Nice........

Search this Thread