Remote Power Door Locks

Old 05-30-06, 03:16 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Remote Power Door Locks

I have an 86 f150. It came with factory power locks and windows.

I have just installed an alarm system with remote unlocking. The manual that came with the alarm said that my locking system was called reverse polarity. I have also seen it called five wire rest at ground. It means two spdt relays control the locks and still allow the oringal switches to control the locks as well.

The problem I am having is the system works well to lock the doors when the system is armed. However, when I disarm the system the doors do not unlock. I checked the voltage at the new relay for unlocking. Then I checked for continuaty though the relay and hit the disarm button. The relay works fine and sends signal out to the lock. However it still does not arm. The strange thing is I can still lock and unlock the door with the orignal factory switch.

Does anybody know why this system will not want to unlock the doors?

Old 05-31-06, 02:36 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
do you hear the door lock solenoids even trying to unlock the door or do you not hear anything except the relay?
sounds like a relay problem or alarm not hooked up correctly have you checked to see if you are getting both ground and power out to the lock when trying to disarm probably missing the ground would be my guess.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: