2000 Ford Taurus - Remove door panel

Old 06-01-06, 07:38 PM
2000 Ford Taurus - Remove door panel

I am looking for instructions on how to remove the driver's side door panel from a 2000 Ford Taurus.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-06, 08:37 PM
Greetings ethorsta,

Whatever you do, don't pull on the panel. Most of the newer Ford model vehicles have no more than 2-4 screws holding the panel in place. Once those screws are removed you lift panel in an upward motion. Like your sliding it upward.

The bottom and sides of the panels have large plastic hooks that set down in access holes and are molded onto the interior part of the panel. If you pull hard enough they will break off and there is no fixing them.

Key areas to look at on these panels is the pull handle. Usually 1 or 2 large screws and you may have to pull the power window/lock instrument panel up. Usually a small bladed screw driver at the bottom of that panel to lift it up. It's only held in place by a metal rounded clip.

Look near the speaker if on the door. I've even seen some panels that have a decorative piece of plastic that looks like simulated wood and you have to easily pry it out to expose large screw holding panel down.

Another place to look is bottom left corner, there might me a door light mounted on the panel. Sometimes a screw will be mounted behind that light fixture but you have to easily pry that out first.

Once you have panel off the door don't forget to look behind it and unplug all the wires that connect to the different instrument panels and lighting devices.

Hope this helps.

CYA!

Old 06-02-06, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the information!

Old 06-02-06, 06:42 PM
let us know please

Let us know what you find as I also have a 2000 Taurus and might need that info one day.