Radio antenna

Old 06-02-06, 04:02 PM
Thumbs up Radio antenna

Hi,
Thanks for all the help with my other question.
Now another one about my '93 Olds Cutlass Ciera. Lost original antenna in deer accident and replaced it with a generic cause i could splice wires and shove them back down the hole and use a cover to hold it in place.
Borrowed car to a friend and now no antenna or hopes of finding any wires.(Big mistake) What is the best way to connect a new antenna-how is the wire run?
Thanks for your help in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-06, 05:49 AM
Group Moderator
Depending on the location (I'm guessing the usual top of front fender spot) you'll likely need to access the area under the splash guard in the wheel well. Best way is to jack up that side and remove wheel, ensuring the car is properly supported (jack stands). Next look for all the little screws or fasteners that hold the wheel well liner in. Remove them and the liner and you should see the underside of the fender where the antenna hole is. Also look for a hole in the bulkhead into the car interior. You'll also need to gain access inside to where the cable will run to the back of the radio. Will likely involve removing the glove box and possibly parts of the console or instrument panel depending on how your radio is mounted. Be very careful NOT to do anything related to the air bags.