**Magic Lights! Did I get taken?

Old 06-04-06, 04:28 PM
**Magic Lights! Did I get taken?

Bought '93 Caddy Sedan Deville. "Antilock brake" light was on, but they worked fine so I says what the heck? The second day I drove the car, The following lights began to come on: "inflatable restraint," "service SSS," and then finally "check engine soon." I drove this car for 30 minutes at all sorts of speeds before I bought it and only the "antilock" light was on. Any ideas or did I just get a dying lemon? It's a beautiful car and rides great. Everything seems to work. Would appreciate any knowledge on this scarry subject. Thanks, GlennJ

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-06, 06:47 PM
I would say maybe... go to autozone or advance and get the codes checked. Btw, the anti-lock light, means something is wrong with the anti-lock part of the brakes... great feature when its working and you slam the brakes in bad weather or something. The brakes themselves may work fine.

Old 06-04-06, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by glennj69
Bought '93 Caddy Sedan Deville. "Antilock brake" light was on, but they worked fine so I says what the heck? The second day I drove the car, The following lights began to come on: "inflatable restraint," "service SSS," and then finally "check engine soon." I drove this car for 30 minutes at all sorts of speeds before I bought it and only the "antilock" light was on. Any ideas or did I just get a dying lemon? It's a beautiful car and rides great. Everything seems to work. Would appreciate any knowledge on this scarry subject. Thanks, GlennJ

Take car to dealership for accurate diagnostics before you spend a lot on guessing parts, you obviously have some problems with your antilock brakes and air bag systems.
Not everything seems to work that's why you have those troublecodes lights on your instrument panel.

Old 06-05-06, 03:44 AM
You didn't get taken
The car clearly had issues that you didn't have checked (as per the lights)
As you didn't listen to the lights, they are now telling you really, really take it to a dealer now

Old 06-05-06, 08:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Caddy's are, or used to be, considered a rich person's car. You may wish for a fat wallet before you are done with needed repairs. As Slickshift says, this car definitly sounds like it has issues.