Similar Engines???

Old 06-06-06, 07:54 AM
Similar Engines???

I own a 91 Chevy K2500 4x4. I was recently in an accident that did some pretty severe body damage. But, it was still drivable until this last week I notice a lot of automatic transmission fluid leaking out. It looks like a main seal between the engine/transmission. Engine is still good, but has 260K. So I don't want to dump alot of money into it just to have the engine fail. I know I won't get my money's worth by taking it to a salvage yard.

My question is this. What other GMC/Chevy Trucks and years use the same 350 engine? Is there someplace that would give me a cross reference? I would like to purchase a later model truck and use the '91 for parts.

Thanks.

Last edited by abkent; 06-06-06 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-06, 09:09 AM
very many

The 350 small block has been used for years and years there are thousands of them in Chevrolet cars and trucks. it is the most used engine in the world I think.
Doubt you will get much for the high mileage engine since they are a dime a dozen. (good engines those small blocks).

Old 06-06-06, 10:43 AM
Yeap 350's are good

You say the truck has some severe body damage, now the Tranny is going or at least the seal is bad,and you have 260K miles on engine, what do you mean your money's worth ? the truck is totaled from what I read,
not worth putting money into it IMO, take it to junkyard, time to move on