1998 Chevy Malibu Cruise Does Not Work

Old 06-08-06, 07:38 PM
1998 Chevy Malibu Cruise Does Not Work

My family and I went in my car on a trip last weekend. Well, for the first time, my cruise control did not work. The cruise power light on the on off button worked and showed that the cruise was on and ready to be engaged when I got to my desired speed. Well when I got to the speed of 70MPH (and I tried all different speeds over 25MPH) it would not engage at all. The light that shows when it is engaged did not even come on. I hardly have ever used the cruise on this car, but have used it enough to know how it works (It don't take a genius to figure it out) and have had it work for me hundreds of times before last wekend. Can anyone tell me what may be the problem, and where I could start to look? I have already checked the fuses, and they are ok. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-06, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Amandandme221
I hardly have ever used the cruise on this car, but have used it enough to know how it works and have had it work for me hundreds of times before last wekend.

Say what ? Most people don't care for cruise control, including me ( I hope you get some valid answers though )