Cooling Fan Relay, '97 Buick LeSabre

Old 06-11-06, 11:41 PM
Cooling Fan Relay, '97 Buick LeSabre

The cooling fans do not come on, on my 1997 Buick LeSabre. I checked the fans w/ a jumper and they work fine. I think it could be the coolant temp sensor or the Cooling Fan Relay. I need to know where to fine the relay and how to know which one is for the Cooling Fans. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-06, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by harmarbennett
The cooling fans do not come on, on my 1997 Buick LeSabre. I checked the fans w/ a jumper and they work fine. I think it could be the coolant temp sensor or the Cooling Fan Relay. I need to know where to fine the relay and how to know which one is for the Cooling Fans. Please help!
The fan relay should be in the power distribution center under the hood. It will probably just be marked "FAN". My Regal manual is MIA today so a more specific location will take a bit. On my car it's in the power distribution box on the right fender. They are marked FAN CONT. #1 and FAN CONT. #2.

Christopher

Last edited by ChristopherT; 06-12-06 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-12-06, 08:19 AM
Power distribution box

I have looked on the right front fender and cannot find any. However, there are some relays on the firewall, under the windshield, but none of the relays are marked. I guess I'll just check them all.

Old 06-12-06, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by harmarbennett
I have looked on the right front fender and cannot find any. However, there are some relays on the firewall, under the windshield, but none of the relays are marked. I guess I'll just check them all.
Do you still have your owner manual? I think the relay locations might be in there too.

Christopher