1990 Bretta GT with issues

Old 06-13-06, 02:32 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1990 Bretta GT with issues

I have a 1990 Bretta GT with gasoline leaking into the air filter what could this be???

Old 06-14-06, 03:04 AM
B
check the fuel pressure regulator by removing the vacum line going to it, to see if gas runs out when the key is cycled on and off if it leaks gas it is bad and needs replaced it is located on the injector fuel rail under the upper intake but you should be able to remove the vacum line to test it if it needs replaced the upper intake will have to be removed to be able to remove the fuel rail and replace the regulator.

Old 06-14-06, 02:37 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by bejay
check the fuel pressure regulator by removing the vacum line going to it, to see if gas runs out when the key is cycled on and off if it leaks gas it is bad and needs replaced it is located on the injector fuel rail under the upper intake but you should be able to remove the vacum line to test it if it needs replaced the upper intake will have to be removed to be able to remove the fuel rail and replace the regulator.

I don't recall but I don't think there is a vacuum line going in the airbox. FPR would get its vacuum from the manifold or throttle body. Is there a breather element at the bottom of the box in the air filter that you are referring to and its getting all dirty and smells like gas. I do not recall if the bereta had them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: