Body & Paint GUYS! Need help BUFFER question

Old 06-15-06, 11:17 AM
Body & Paint GUYS! Need help BUFFER question

Thanks for looking. I need a buffer, but I'll be using it on Electric guitar bodies. I've a friend with a body shop I'd take 'em to before (he's unavailable for a while) so I thought I'd buy one. I don't need top-o-line, but I THINK there's something good about "random" and variable speed, yes??
This is for scratch removal in laquer by wet sanding first, then buffing with machine. My pal has used a DeWalt (I think I've seen 'em for about 190.00). Anyone know of a Porter-Cable that I can buy for 130.00 here in Portland, Oregon. Variable and random, up to about 3200 RPM. Any advise appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-06, 04:16 PM
Check
Harbor Freight Tools

They have decent tools really cheap.
I wouldn't buy the name brands from them...but their own stuff (made in China) isn't bad.
I know they sell several models of buffers ranging from ~$30-$50

One rule of thumb...DON'T buy anything from them unless it's on-sale. If it's not on-sale this week....it will be next week (and you'll kick yourself for paying double (or more)).

Old 06-15-06, 05:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If he had a body shop I am going to bet the ranch that he used a high speed (variable speed)buffer with a lambs wool pad with a microfinish compound by 3m. I could definitely see that working and coming out shiny and smooth as glass. A really fine microfinish 3m compound and I am not sure if you can get a high speed buffer smaller than 7".

Old 06-15-06, 05:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

Search this Thread