94 Saturn

Old 06-19-06, 07:11 AM
DUD
94 Saturn

I have a 94 Saturn with 4 cyl and manual transmission that a tenant left at a rental property. I went thru the process and have legal title, so now the problem. It had a miss, bad, but it was just a bad spark plug wire. It however won't idle, they have the breather off, but I can't see any adjustments around or on the carburetor. Does anyone know how to get it smoothed out. I'm trying to get it going for my son to drive to work, 60 miles each way, the gas mileage should be good. Thanks, Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-06, 12:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Are you sure there is has a carburetor and not fuel injection. I am going to assume its fuel injection and say look for a vacuum leak to solve your idle problem. You can spray intake cleaner all over while the engine is running and see if the rpm changes because it sucked some in the vacuum leak. Also spray out the throttle body to to clean that and the IAC

Old 06-19-06, 03:16 PM
DUD
It has a carberator, I was surprised also. It has 4 spark plugs in front of the engine and on the backside by the firewall is a carb. Bill

Old 06-19-06, 03:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You sure your not mixing up the throttle body for a carb because I just checked all the engines listed for 93 and 94 and none are listed as carb all fuel inject.

So either you have some that changed it over to carb or else you are mistaken, look under the dash for an obd connector. if there is one and there is a carb then some one with a lot of free time changed it over to carb for some unknown reason

Is the flap that lets the air in horizontal or vertical

Old 06-20-06, 07:05 AM
DUD
Thanks I will look and see what I find and post back. Bill

Old 06-20-06, 07:59 AM
A Tbi

A ( TBI) throttle body injection looks very much like a carb.It should be fuel injection with that year.

Old 06-23-06, 10:55 AM
DUD
You were right it is fuel injection. I have put in a can of injector cleaner, now will get can of spray and see what I can find. Bill

Old 06-23-06, 11:20 AM
Take a can of carb cleaner spray and take the hose off that goes over the throttle. Next start the car and get the rpms up and hold them there around 2500 to 3000rpm, Then spray the carb cleaner in for about 5 sec then wait 8 sec and repeat and repeat for how ever many times you want. The car will mostly likely run like a champ afterwards if there is no ignition problems, also you will get some smoke out the tail pipe when you do this.

Search this Thread