Advice for replacing a '95 6v Izuzu Rodeo radiator?

Old 06-21-06, 01:05 PM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice for replacing a '95 6v Izuzu Rodeo radiator?

Hello all. I'm going to have to replace my broken radiator in my '95 6v Izuzu Rodeo tomorrow. I have limited experience with working on cars but I'm fairly adept at fixing things. I've seen it removed before and someone has gone over that there are two main hoses and possibly some transmission lines to remove first before removing the radiator. I'm also told to drain it using a screw that will probably be below it before I undo the hoses. This is all I know. Is there any advice you can give to make sure I don't mess anything up? It seems fairly simple. Attaching and detaching hoses and all that. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-21-06, 01:38 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't need to drain the radiator before detaching the hoses its just makes things cleaner that way. But those drains can be hell to get to. There is a plate that runs across the top of the radiator with bolts on the end that comes off so you can raise the radiator out after takeing the plate off Or you may just have brackets at the ends of the radiator on top to take off. Also be careful not to knick the core on the fans or anything else.

does your vehicle have electric fan or belt driven fan.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: