AC repair on 91 F350 7.5

Old 06-23-06, 04:34 PM
AC repair on 91 F350 7.5

This is my 1st post on this forum. I hope someone can help me. I cannot find the AC expansion valve/orafice tube so that I can replace it. I just bought a 91 F350 7.5. AC inoperative. This is 1st time I have worked on an AC. I replaced compressor and accumulator. Blew out evaporator, hoses and condensor with compressed air, lots of dust came out. The part store recommended I replace the expansion valve/orafice tube, but I cant find it. I assume it is inside one of the hoses? Any suggestions and futher recommendations would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-06, 06:59 PM
the orfice tube is at the inlet of the evaperator. theres a decent chance it will be a pain to get to. follow your high pressure line from the compressor it will go to somewhere along the firewall where it will connect to the evaporator. you will probably have to access it from somewhere around the passenger foot area.

Old 06-23-06, 07:04 PM
dude if your system has been open to the atmosphere enough to have dust in it you have to flush the entire system, compressed air will not help you. Check out this auto ac specialty web site these guys are ac experts lots of tips and procedures on their site
http://www.autoacforum.com/

Old 06-23-06, 09:08 PM
its in the evaportator inlet follow the line from the condensor to the evaporator inlet the orfice tube should be right there.

Old 06-24-06, 06:30 AM
Thanks guys. Apparently it has been removed in this system. I stuck a 10 in wire in the evaporator inlet tube and hose to compressor and was nothing there. Thanks for the flushing tip, I will flush.

Old 06-24-06, 08:39 AM
Group Moderator
Ummm, think there has to be one. Don't be surprised if it is inside the evaporator housing; that's where it is on my wrecker (GM/Isuzu).

Old 06-24-06, 10:50 AM
the hose to the compressor is the suction line it will not be in there, it has to be some where in the liquid line between the condensor and the evaporator look for to small indents in the tubing. it has to have one to function.

Old 06-24-06, 07:57 PM
I found the orafice with your help. Found the indents on the tube. I feel stoopid. I thought the hose from the evaporator to the condenser was one assembly, it had a "quick disconnect" which I am unfamiliar with .Thanks again.

Search this Thread