Buick brakes

Old 06-25-06, 05:43 PM
Buick brakes

Hi, just returned from a 7 month trip abroad and had my car in storage. 93 buick century, 6 cylinder. My wife picked it up and drove it home 150 miles and the brakes sound like metal on metal. All brakes were done a very short time ago. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-06, 09:10 PM
Did you get full metallic pads because those needed to break in before they stop the metal on metal sound.

By a short while ago you mean under 50 miles. Cuz then your brakes still need to break in.

If the car sat for a long time outside or in a non controlled environment they rotors will get a coating of rust on them and will eventually where away.

Old 06-26-06, 02:17 PM
Brakes were done about 6 months before car was put in storage, non metalic pads, car was in a climate controlled enviroment. Added about 2 ounces of brake fluid when my wife returned. Now I move the car from side to side (city parking) and the brakes are still squealing. HELP

Old 06-26-06, 02:39 PM
you need to drive it a lot get it on the high way get on the brakes or take it back to the place where you had the brakes done I am sure they will inspect it for free. Probably even try to sell you some anti-squealing paste for the brakes and send you on your way.

Unless the pad is on backwards you have nothing to worry about. And yes anti-squealing paste for the brakes really does exist because people like you don't like hearing squeals and are willing to buy it.

Also did they put reybestos ceramics on because then that would be the cause of your squeal to.