power door lock problem!!!

Old 06-29-06, 02:35 PM
power door lock problem!!!

I have a 1996 Ford Probe GT. The problem is that the power door locks are powerless and dont work. I have checked the fuses and that doesnt seem to be the problem. Anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-06, 04:37 PM
Do any of the other switches work (the one on the passenger side)? I would start there. If the passenger side works then you probably have a defective master control switch (the one in the driver's door). If none of them work whatsoever, then I would check the power door lock relay...located on top of the RH kick panel underneath the glove box. There is also a power door lock control module located in front of the RH quarter panel, behind quarter trim (kind of under the right rear speaker). I believe the master control switch is only present if you have remote entry. Without remote entry, you have just the relay.

I would also double check ALL of your fuses. If I'm not mistaken there's actually three fuses that are in that same circuit for the power door locks, so make sure you check ALL of them.

Finally, there's always the possibility that you have a problem with the wiring. That is definitely not a DIY fixer... Or, just remembered...both lock motors could be burnt out. If they both stopped working at the same time...then the problem is probably not with the motors cause that would be too coincidental for both motors to fail at the same time.

Old 07-02-06, 10:18 PM
so i checked all the fuses again, and all are fine. i found the power door lock relay location, but havent been able to find a new one. A friend said i could switch it with the power window relay, in order to see if that is the problem, but i do not know where that is located. any ideas? thanks

Old 07-03-06, 08:57 AM
You should be able to find more relays under the hood...find one that matches the one for the door locks.

Search this Thread