Ford T-Bird 1987

Old 07-04-06, 08:59 PM
Unhappy Ford T-Bird 1987

I just bought a 1987 T-Bird , very nice condition, but I don't have the password to unlock the door. Is there any way that I can reset it?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-06, 09:05 PM
might check with the dealer they can probably tell you with the vin number off the vehicle.
it is usually on a sticker somewhere on the car in the trunk was a common place to put the sticker might look around before you check with the dealer.

Old 07-04-06, 09:48 PM
They're probably going to charge you for this one though so you might try to DIY first...can't hurt.

There is a permanent code (different for each vehicle) that is supposedly printed on a sticker that is on the keyless entry module. According to my reference source, that module is located in the "package tray behind rear seat" on your particular vehicle. Not sure exactly what or where that is...sorry.

Armed with this number you can supposedly reprogram your door with a new code...not sure of that exact procedure though. I think it's something like entering the permanent code, press the 1/2 button, then enter your new code. Not sure if that works though...never tried it.

Old 07-04-06, 10:38 PM
The manuals for a ford are usually just a guide, With ford you never know. I have hunted those stickers down every where. Look in door jams, under trunk lids, brackets those things get hidden every where, you usually want to look where the sun don't shine.