Spray paint spots on Truck Finish

Old 07-03-06, 05:56 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Spray paint spots on Truck Finish

My wife parked next to a construction site and noticed small paint spots on our truck. What is the best way of getting the paint off of the truck without hurting the finish coat?

Old 07-03-06, 05:59 PM
get a good name brand auto polish cream at your local autoparts store.

Old 07-04-06, 03:07 AM
Z
I got a bit of fresh spray paint off before with some bug and tar remover. It was a yellow and black aerosol can that said bug and tar remover in big letters on it. Somewhat of a orange/citrus scent.

Old 07-04-06, 11:33 AM
I personally use Black Magic Wet Shine Liquid Wax. It has excellent cleaning capabilities and incidentally was rated #1 by Consumer Reports in car waxes. Failing that...3M makes a clear coat compound that's a little more abrasive...just use sparingly and apply by hand. I don't recommend you apply or remove the compound with anything mechanical (orbital buffer, etc.) as you can easily burn through the paint if you are not careful or don't know what you are doing.

Old 07-04-06, 10:35 PM
H
Clay bar is your best bet, or gasoline on a rag then wash the paint and wax the area because you will take everything off the paint with gasoline.

Old 07-05-06, 06:07 AM
C
Originally Posted by Naauao2001
My wife parked next to a construction site and noticed small paint spots on our truck. What is the best way of getting the paint off of the truck without hurting the finish coat?
There's a product made by Dupont with the code number 3900C, it's basically an auto body precleaner. Very nasty stuff to use, but I was able to remove dark grey spray paint from the side of my white Blazer with no damage to the clear coat. I used a rag to apply it (don't do this in a closed garage!) and i had to scrub a little but it cleaned all the paint off. You can find some at a local Car Quest auto parts dealer, I think it was between $12.00 and $15.00 for a gallon.

Christopher

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: