'95 Montero Rear Brake Problem

Old 07-05-06, 10:49 AM
'95 Montero Rear Brake Problem

Gents,
Son has this car in VA. and it has developed a problem wherein a rear rotor needs to be replaced. Any advice on how he should proceed...he is reasonably mechanical. Auto is the 3.5L enginer SLT version, 4 wh. drive with Antilock 4 wheel brakes with rotors?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-06, 11:52 AM
He will most likely need a tool that cost around $5 to spin the piston back in on the calipers if they are that type(they will have little pin holes in the piston if they are that kind) other wise you press it back in with a big c-clamp and the brake pad, you can pick that up at any parts store looks like a cube with pins. Other than that there should only be 4 bolts for the caliper and buy brake lube to grease the caliper sliding pins. And don't be afraid to beat the rotors off with a BMF hammer.

Old 07-05-06, 12:05 PM
Montero Rotors

Sounds like you have been there!
I'll copy him on this reply.
Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-05-06, 01:03 PM
never did a montero or I may have don't remember, My mitsu has to have the piston spun back in for the rear calipers. If the rotors are really stuck you probably have screw holes near the hub you can put screws that will pull the rotor off if your not good at beating it.