Air Conditioner on full blast vs. not

Old 07-05-06, 10:45 AM
Air Conditioner on full blast vs. not

This is not a "repair" question but I think this question must fit best here.

When you use the air conditioner it uses your gas right? Is there any difference in using it at "low speed" vs. using it full blast? I have been using it on the low speed b/c I'm thinking a full it would use more of my gas. Do you guys know the facts on this?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-06, 10:48 AM
doesn't really matter. The clutch cycles based on system pressure and which is a direct effect of how much air is flowing through the condensor, how much air your little cabin fan can blow through between low and high makes basically no difference.

Old 07-05-06, 01:56 PM
dont matter

the speed is electrical and not run off of gas. If the compressor is on it does not care at what speed the blower blows.
Compressor is on the same irrelevant of blower speed.

Old 07-05-06, 02:00 PM
If you pull more cold air from the evaporator the clutch will have to be used more, but since the evap is so small and the amount of air passing through it when compared to high and low fan settings no difference will come about. But the rate at which the condensor gets cooled from air coming in the car will dramatically effect how long the compressor is engaged.

The cooler the condensor the more efficient the system

Old 07-05-06, 02:04 PM
Thanks guys. Though I don't fully understand it all, I get the picture. You guys are great. I'm going full speed-and stayin' cool.