Power Door Locks

Old 07-05-06, 12:01 PM
Power Door Locks

I have '96 Mazda 626 with aftermarket alarm system and keyless entry. About a week ago, when I would hit the lock remote button, only the drivers side lock would lock. The other three passenger locks wouldn't. In addition, when all doors are locked, they will all UNLOCK with the remote. So it is when I hit the lock mode that I have a problem. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-06, 12:06 PM
Hmm the best answer for this would be bring it to a professional since this an aftermarket system. Those things are always installed messy and poorly done I have never seen one that wasn't a rats mess of wires and electrical tape with poor connections. It could be anything. If you had the ability to fix this one with asking us you wouldn't be asking. It will take someone who is pretty far beyond being a novice for after market alarm system.

Old 07-05-06, 12:11 PM
try tugging on some of the wires I gurantee there is about 5 or more that are loose and need to be reconnected.

The people that install those at stores know how to do a proper clean job, but thats usually on their own vehicles. For customers its get er done and get the next one in

Old 07-05-06, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by caddyshck
I have '96 Mazda 626 with aftermarket alarm system and keyless entry. About a week ago, when I would hit the lock remote button, only the drivers side lock would lock. The other three passenger locks wouldn't. In addition, when all doors are locked, they will all UNLOCK with the remote. So it is when I hit the lock mode that I have a problem. Any thoughts?
Do you know what brand system it is? I had a 1996 Ford Windstar with a Python 500 system, by Directed Electronics. This system was very well installed and the only hint that the system was even in there was the control unit being placed under the dash where it was readily visible. Check the backs of your key fobs, in case the maker of the alarm system put the model there. Did the dealer do the install or a third-party aftermarket shop? If you could figure out who made the system you might be able to do an internet search and locate either a user's manual or even an installer's guide. (If you know where the Valet button is, try tracing it's wiring back to the control unit, usually the model number is displayed on the control unit.)

The Python is very programmable from the key fob transmitter but you need access to the user's manual so you can enter each of the programmable modes.

Christopher

Old 07-05-06, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by ChristopherT
Do you know what brand system it is? I had a 1996 Ford Windstar with a Python 500 system, by Directed Electronics. This system was very well installed and the only hint that the system was even in there was the control unit being placed under the dash where it was readily visible. Check the backs of your key fobs, in case the maker of the alarm system put the model there. Did the dealer do the install or a third-party aftermarket shop? If you could figure out who made the system you might be able to do an internet search and locate either a user's manual or even an installer's guide. (If you know where the Valet button is, try tracing it's wiring back to the control unit, usually the model number is displayed on the control unit.)

The Python is very programmable from the key fob transmitter but you need access to the user's manual so you can enter each of the programmable modes.

Christopher

Ya like chris said deciphered good luck if your novice

To add more to the puzzle depending on the car but safe to say there is different wiring that would reverse the polarity that would unlock the door vs lock

and I highly doubt you accidently reprogrammed it. If your trying to find the box for it, I gurantee the schmuck that put it in jammed it up under dash on the driverside.

Just look for a rats nest of wires that look literally like a mess and you will see the box not to far away usually there is will always be hangin electrical tape to and bare stripped back wires

Old 07-05-06, 06:33 PM
I know exactly what they did...they reversed the lock and unlock. On my vehicle you hit unlock once and it unlocks ONLY the driver's door. If you hit unlock a second time it unlocks the rest of the doors. One press of the lock button locks all four doors.

Need to take it back to whomever installed that system and have them reverse it.