92 Plymouth stalls after startup

Old 07-06-06, 01:30 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
92 Plymouth stalls after startup

2.5 L non-turbo. 179k miles.

On hot days(above 80 F), the engine will immediately stall after starting. I can keep it running by lightly giving it some gas for about 10-15 seconds, then it stabilizes and runs fine. it does not stall at stop signs etc.

What i have done:
scanned for engine codes. --> none found.
cleaned the throttle body. --> still stalls.
checked air filter --> Ok not dirty.
spark plugs, ignition wires, dist cap. --> are in good shape

fuel pump, fuel relay, and gas filter were replace 1 year ago mileage= 160k for a no-start problem.

Thanks for any help on this.

Old 07-06-06, 01:42 PM
H
There really is no way to help you with out trouble shooting it when it happens.

We can sit here and tell you to through parts at it all day.

Run a few bottles in injector cleaner in the gas tank (one tank after the next). thats about all I can say

intermittent problems suck especially when they occur that rarely

Old 07-06-06, 03:11 PM
B
might pull the distributer cap and rotor then lift off the pickup assembly and check the plates in the bottom of the distributer to see if they are loose they are mounted in plastic.
also check the vacum line going to the map sensor probably mounted on the firewall or passenger side fender make sure the vacum line is not leaking or bad after checking this and if you can get it to act up pretty much anytime you start the engine when its above 80 degrees try disconnecting the electrical connector to the map sensor if it doesnt stall with the connector disconnected probably have a bad map sensor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: