Maintenance light

Old 07-07-06, 12:38 PM
Maintenance light

I could just try this, but my wife has the car. I want to clear the perform maintenance soon light (not the check engine light). Will a scanner do that? If not, how to do it.

The only reason I ask is that we were informed by the dealer that their service was required for warranty, however, we have been informed that this is not the case and I can do it myself (this is primarily the oil change/some filter change interval).

Thanks,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-06, 12:48 PM
what type of vehicle is it and what year?

Old 07-07-06, 12:56 PM
How to reset the oil light should be in the manual for the car. If you want to keep your year make and model a secret

Old 07-07-06, 01:18 PM
Oops

Sorry, it is a 2006 Camry. The light comes on every 5K telling us to perform maintenance. I have not been able to find the Haynes for the 06 (and am not sure if it is close enough to previous years models).

Thanks again,

Old 07-07-06, 01:49 PM
look in the owners manual wouldnt think that it would require a scanner to reset it, most vehicles have a reset procedure in the owners manual.

Old 07-07-06, 04:48 PM
this should do it

Turn the key on,but don't start it,and make sure the odometer is showing the actual mileage,not trip A or B.Turn the key back to the off position,then press and hold the trip/reset button.Continue to hold it down and turn the key to the on position.Continue holding the trip/reset button while the mileage flashes rows of zeros until the actual mileage appears again.Release the button,because you are finished