Buick LeSabre rear door

Old 07-07-06, 02:14 PM
Q
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Buick LeSabre rear door

A parking lot mishap kinked my rear passenger door handle so that it no longer works. I'd like to remove the panel to push out the dent and fix the door but it looks like I'll need a manual to get through the complicated door.

Anybody been through this type of repair and can recommend a good manual for repairs?

Old 07-08-06, 10:10 PM
I don't know that there's a manual that will help you with this type of repair. It's really not that complicated to get through the door...just tough to get access to the outer skin of the door through the little holes in the inner door skin.

Old 07-09-06, 10:21 AM
I agree with davzack. NO manual I have ever picked up had any specific instructions on how to remove a door panel. They are mostly straight forward, however. The first thing to do is look around for any screws that you can see and remove them. Then look for the one you cant see. They may be under little covers, down in the handle cup, and even hidden in the carpet along the bottom of the door, if you have carpet on your door. Once you have all of the screws out then you should be able to just give the panel a sharp pull and it will snap the clips out. You may need to lift the panel slightly but on a car of this vintage out is most likely the only direction. Once you get it pulled out then just lift it up past the lock knob. be sure to disconnect the rid for the interior door handle prior to pulling the panel too far from the door. If you bend this rod it may be a bear to get it back into the proper place for the lock and handle to work properly. Be sure the window is up before you remove the electrical connections so that you have somewhat easier access to the outer skin.
Good Luck.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: