96 sebring conv

Old 07-08-06, 02:55 PM
96 sebring conv

I am looking for the fuel pump test wire to see if i can test the pump before pulling the fuel tank for replacement. If anyone can help i would apperactie the help. shadytree auto man

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-06, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by tony32501
I am looking for the fuel pump test wire to see if i can test the pump before pulling the fuel tank for replacement. If anyone can help i would apperactie the help. shadytree auto man
On my '99 Blazer there were two terminals in the power distribution center that could be jumped to the battery to provide a direct 12 volts to the fuel pump. They weren't marked on the distribution center but they were on the schematics for the truck's fuel system that the dealer service department was nice enough to print up for me. Ask one of your local dealers if your car has a similar setup. It's probably a lot safer than trying to jumper the hot wire from the parking lights.

Christopher

Old 07-08-06, 09:30 PM
You can jump power at the fuel pump relay located in the power distribution center...probably easiest place to supply voltage to the pump without dropping the tank...