2000 Plymouth Voyager Air Filter

Old 07-08-06, 06:24 PM
Question 2000 Plymouth Voyager Air Filter

Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to replace the air filter. There is a plastic cover that instructs to remove bolts to service air filter below. But when bolts are removed that cover does not seem to come apart. It can only be lifted slightly as it is connected to hoses. There doesn't appear to be anything below from what I can see. Is this box supposed to come apart? Do hoses need to be removed? I was told that this was a simple procedure but am afraid I'm going to break something.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-06, 07:24 PM
There's nothing in that box and it's not suppose to be comes apart, you need to remove the rubber hose and the box below, the air filter is in the box down below.

Old 07-08-06, 09:12 PM
The box is called the resonator...remove it as an assembly with the intake tube. Then look down and to the right...the actual air filter is in that box. The box is mounted on its side...

Old 07-09-06, 09:45 AM
Thanks - but it wasn't simple

Originally Posted by davzack
The box is called the resonator...remove it as an assembly with the intake tube. Then look down and to the right...the actual air filter is in that box. The box is mounted on its side...
Thanks for the help. I think next time I'll let Jiffy Lube do it.

Search this Thread