2000 Saturn SL1 reverse lights trouble

Old 07-10-06, 09:36 AM
2000 Saturn SL1 reverse lights trouble

Hello all:
Long time no question. I have a 2000 Saturn SL1 sedan, and my brake lights are not working. I've done the obvious (to me at least), checked the fuse, the reverse lamps, etc and all seem OK. I purchased a Haynes Repair Manual on the Saturn, and found what's labelled as a "Back-up switch". Being mechanically illiterate, can anyone tell me where I am to find this back-up switch so I can see exactly what it is I may have to replace???

Thanks.......... ssshep

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-06, 10:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by ssshep
Hello all:
Long time no question. I have a 2000 Saturn SL1 sedan, and my brake lights are not working.
Check the relay and the switch behind the brake pedal

I've done the obvious (to me at least), checked the fuse, the reverse lamps, etc and all seem OK. I purchased a Haynes Repair Manual on the Saturn, and found what's labelled as a "Back-up switch". Being mechanically illiterate,
Originally Posted by ssshep
can anyone tell me where I am to find this back-up switch so I can see exactly what it is I may have to replace???
You need to get to the area where the base of the shifter is. You can burn the haynes book, buy a chiltons

Old 07-10-06, 08:42 PM
Old 07-10-06, 08:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
ya you would probably not want to put that up on the web since people pay the person that made it, to see it. copy right

Your gonna get burned sooner or later, just trying to save you the hassel.

Old 07-10-06, 09:20 PM
Thank you for your concern, but the Terms and Conditions of my license clearly states:

"3. Reproduction of Information. You may view, reproduce and/or print insignificant
portions of materials retrieved only from the Products provided (a) the materials are used
only for informational, non-commercial purposes and (b) You do not remove or obscure
the copyright notices or any other notices."

I would judge the reproduced location diagram to be an insignificant portion and the use is definitely for informational, non-commercial purposes. I also didn't remove or obscure any copyright notices or other notice.

I do appreciate you looking out for me though in today's litigious society.