ABS Problem

Old 07-11-06, 04:04 AM
ABS Problem

1993 Buck Park Ave. Light for ABS is on indicating a problem. 2 service shops cannot specifically identify problem - they say their analyzer is getting multiple codes. They also said one possible problem is the computer for the car, a very expensive item and may or may not be the problem. I had a chance to try an alternate computer for my car - plugged it in and the same light is lit.

So, I think the computer is not the problem. I have tried blowing dust and debris out of sensors with no result.

Any suggestions?

thanks
Dale

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-06, 04:58 AM
Can you list the codes they pulled? There's not enough information to process you request without them since you've already tried a new computer.

Oh, did you try a new computer for the car as in the main Electronic Control Module (ECM) or as in the Electronic Braking and Traction Control Module (EBTCM)?

Old 07-11-06, 05:03 AM
Originally Posted by Dwheeler52
1993 Buck Park Ave. Light for ABS is on indicating a problem. 2 service shops cannot specifically identify problem - they say their analyzer is getting multiple codes. So, I think the computer is not the problem. I have tried blowing dust and debris out of sensors with no result.

Any suggestions?

thanks
Dale
First make sure all the brake lights are working. Certain GM cars will throw a OBDII code when a bulb blows out. Next check the fuse for the ABS to make sure it's good. There could be fuses in the main panel or under the hood. If that doesn't solve the problem then take the car to a local GM dealer. They would be able to pull all the codes out of the ABS system.

Christopher

Search this Thread