the faster the better!!!

Old 07-12-06, 12:05 PM
the faster the better!!!

hello, i have a 1996 ford probe gt. what i am trying to do is fix-it-up so that it runs faster and more stable. so far the only improvements i have made are adding a cold air intake. Some of the things i was thinking about doing are adding a better exhaust (it has the stock now), and putting in some strut bars. So what i was looking for is some information on what things would give me the best results, and in what order i should install them. also if anyone knows what brands would be better and where i might be able to find them for lower prices that would be awesome. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-06, 02:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What are you trying to build? A street machine must meet Federal Transportation and EPA rules. If off road, the skies the limit. There are other forums on the web better able to help with your needs.

Old 07-12-06, 07:43 PM
try this store, you enter your car's make and model and they'll show all the stuff available, it sounds like you need a performance exhaust or even a cat back system , check it out your pocket's the limit

www.autopartswarehouse.com

Old 07-12-06, 09:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The best mod that will not penny and nickle and dime you to death cuz you will be happy is turbo charger. Hate to break it to you but the probe has no potential.

My personal opinion for you is sell the probe get an eclipse turbo you will have a larger after market better motor and for cheaper you can make it ridicously fast beating any lt1, and with fuel management beat any ls1 or ls6,7. But if you do $6k you will tear up any new vetter and viper. This is with 1st gen eclipse gsx awd