Car making a clicking/clunking noise when breaking

Old 07-14-06, 07:35 AM
Car making a clicking/clunking noise when breaking

I have been have a strange problem with my care and wanted to get your opinion. I have a 97 Honda Civic HX(auto transmission). I have noticed for the past several weeks that when I press on the brakes I get a slight clicking/clunking noise that seems to be coming from underneath the car. This may seem strange but I can also hear a clicking noise coming from seat belt also when braking. Other than the noise the car seems to be driving well. Any ideas on what may be causing this.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-06, 08:59 AM
I too have heard that noise. What I hear is a single sharp loud clank/clunk that seems to originate from under the vehicle. I have a 2001 honda civic LX , automatic.

I seem to mostly encounter that noise whenever I brake to slow the vehicle while going down a ramp instead of flying down. Pretty sure the noise is not coming from the front end. It sounds like its coming from the middle of the vehicle, underneath the driver's seat. I've heard it maybe 1 out of five times. It doesn't happen all the time. I have also encountered this strange clank/clunk while coming out of a parking lot and down a very very very slight incline, the ones you usually encounter in parking lots that lead out into streets.

On a level road I haven't heard the noise while braking.

There are no noticeable driveability issues after the noise is made.

I too am curious as to what that may be.

Old 07-14-06, 01:50 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Check motor and tranny mounts. check ball joints, and all suspension bushings

Search this Thread