1992 GMC sonoma

Old 09-02-06, 07:25 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1992 GMC sonoma

I have a 1992 GMC Sonoma 4.3 4X4 ext. cab 5 speed. The problem is that my cluch comes out at the very end befor it grabs. I can barly push in the cluch sometimes. Could this be from my throwout bearing. I have tried bleeding the cluch, that did not make any difference. A friend told me that if it was slipping to put it in 4th gear and try to take off and if it stalls it is not slipping, the truck stalled so itis not slipping. i have heard that it could be that age of the truck or the way it was desighed.

does any one have any ideas?

Old 09-02-06, 04:38 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
You have been setting here all day without a response so lets try this. With it running, put it almost in gear(past the sycronizers but not in gear we want to grind the gears),now depress the clutch to the floor and touch the gear untill it stops grinding,now, slowly release the clutch(very slowly) were they start to grind is the bottom travel of the clutch assembly, now, if it starts to grind close to the floor your pressure plate assembly is starting to fail if it doesn't until the pedal is midway or above the wear of 90xxx is showing and you should be able to adjust that with the linkage. I think you need about 1-2 inches freeplay at the top. Have a nice day. Geo

Old 09-09-06, 08:13 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It starts to grind at the bottom but i allready know it i can't i adjust the cluch because its hydrolic, the slave cylinder and the master cylinder are all by rod.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: