93 Honda Civic

Old 07-17-06, 09:15 AM
93 Honda Civic

I have a 93 honda civic 2 door coupe. The other day, the windshield wipers stopped working. I changed the fuse, but they oly work at high speed. Then, the gear shift locked up one day at lunch. I had to use the key to unlock the gear shift and I have had to use the key each time I put the car in park. Now, the horn does not work. What is wrong with this car. Is it electrical? Do you think it is worth getting fixed?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-06, 09:32 AM
Group Moderator
Well, it's worth maybe $1500-2000 depending on the overall condition and mileage. It's possible you have an electrical problem, but I think it's possibly just the age showing. Tough call on a vehicle that age as to how much to spend on repairs. You'll need someone who's good with a meter to track down potential electrical system problems and it can get expensive pretty fast. Running down wiring problems can be a real dog.

Old 07-17-06, 05:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you can't fix it your self i say get a new beater. you learned that imports also don't always last longer than american made cars. And they cost more to fix

as for shifter you probably need a linkage adjustment, if i were you i would get a wiper motor at the junk yard, as for the horn that is an easy fix if you know electrical basics first pull the connector from horn and have some one press it to see if it gets power.

damn horn on my 2000buick keeps dieing. Never use thing it only gets used when I use the keyless remote and it keeps going out every few years