Help Ford Tech 92 Sable NO INJECTOR PULSE!!!!

Old 07-17-06, 03:11 PM
Help Ford Tech 92 Sable NO INJECTOR PULSE!!!!

My friends 92 sable died on him the other day. I have checked fuel pressure 45 psi., got good spark, but the one thing i dont have is injector pulse. Checked it with noid light. Have changed the computer under the glove box , and someone mentioned the distributor pick-up so i put a used distribitor in it no help. One other thing is a buzzing sound coming from a box located above the radiator fans, a small computer like box. Any ideas what could cause no injector pulse and what could cause this buzzing sound and what is this box buzzing for? Plzz help i dunno and he aint got much money!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-06, 03:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You need get a scanner for about $100 from an auto store,(get the code), I betting you need a cam or crank sensor which ever the vehicle has.

Check to see if you have a crank sensor. I am not sure if the distributor is used to monitor cam angle on that vehicle. I don't have access to the info to determine that

Old 07-17-06, 04:02 PM
Youre not going to get a scan tool for that car for $100.00. The best thing to do right now is take it to a shop and pay the diag charge. You have to have an OBD I scan tool for that year car and most of the parts stores only have OBD II scanners.
I know this isnt what you want to hear, but with the limited information its going to be alot of guessing from here.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 07-17-06, 05:05 PM
ya didn't look at the year figured it was obd2 since all the olds one are pretty much off the road and in the junk yard, that scanner will be $200, after the tow and diagnostic charge you pretty much paid for the scanner

Where is the guy who says just jumper these pins and count the blinks to get the codes

Last edited by snuckers99; 07-17-06 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-17-06, 05:45 PM
Scanners?...
Scanners?...
We don't need no stinking scanners

Just a voltmeter:
DIY EEC-IV Code Retrieval Procedure

Post up any/all codes

Do Not un-hook the battery before pulling the codes

Old 07-17-06, 05:49 PM
here is a professional jerry rig for $47 but i would do above

http://www.toolsource.com/ost/produc...CErrString%3D3

Old 07-17-06, 05:55 PM
hey guys have scannned it with a Genisys scann tool for all codes and none there. what control the injector pulse? I dont see a crank sensor on or near the hormonic bal. where it is usuallyn located , cam sensor is usually where the distributor is on most engines, thats y i tryed the distributor, and pcm.The genysis says code librarys are empty.And what is the box at radiator that keeps buzzing?

Old 07-17-06, 06:07 PM
Was the battery un-hooked to change the PCM?

What engine?

Old 07-17-06, 06:11 PM
yes but where would you go from there do you pcm replaced.

Old 07-17-06, 06:14 PM
autozone says no cam sensor or crank sensor for this vehicle so what now? What controls injector pulse, air flow ?

Old 07-17-06, 06:34 PM
You lost any codes when the bat. was unhooked
That's why that's always step one

As for cam sensor, it may use a PIP (hall effect sensor in the distributer)
Need to know the engine

Also...he said there were no codes whatsoever?
Not even 11 (or 111) system pass?

You'll want to confirm that
If the computer couldn't self check you'd get no codes whatsoever
That's a comp problem
If the computer self checked OK and had no stored trouble codes, that's something else

Old 07-17-06, 06:36 PM
injector pulse is controlled by PCM, timed off of dist/ign module. the box near radiator is a relay module, contains multiple relays for fan control and such ( assuming you mean the box btw rad and motor) PCM power relay may be in the module, not sure. if it is buzzing, something is not working right.

Old 07-17-06, 06:50 PM
nope no codes whatsoever. The engine is a 3.8 v6 i have ran a self test and everything seems to pass those tests a slow code test and fast code test. I also checked for codes before the pcm was replaced and no codes I have also checked all fuses fuse links and grounds. I don`t see the ignitiomn module on this car where most ford modules are located (on the side of the distributor) where is it located?

Old 07-17-06, 07:12 PM
did you get a pass code(11 or 111) or just no codes? the relay module does control power to the PCM on three terminals, so if that relay module is bad, you may have power problems to the computer. the ignition module is under the cowl panel near the right strut tower. see the link below for more details.
http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker...3d800bf26c.jsp

Old 07-17-06, 07:25 PM
thanx towman will check tomorrow its getting close to bed time here in good old north carolina but ill post tomorrw enening thanx to all who have helped

Old 07-18-06, 02:59 AM
wouldnt worry about codes right now that box that is buzzing above the radiater has the computer relay, fuel pump relay, a/c relay, and cooling fan relays inside it if its not working right it is not going to start suspect the ground wire or power wire going to the box is bad or corroded at a connector suggest you check the ground wire for starters as it is just a short distance from the box to the negative battery cable and make sure the connector isnt corroded or unplugged.

Old 07-18-06, 09:29 AM
Towman you nailed it with the ignition module.Fixed it with a new one. Thanx for all the help peeps. GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Search this Thread