1991 Toyota Camry Blower Problems

Old 07-17-06, 06:28 PM
1991 Toyota Camry Blower Problems

First I found blower would not work at any speed and 10 amp A/C fuse blown. Found blower resistor to be totally burned out and replaced it along with the fuse. Ran fine for a couple weeks. Now blower doesn't work at any speed and 10 amp A/C fuse blows almost immediately. What's up with that?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-06, 11:18 AM
Sounds like the blower motor is shorted or wiring to the motor is shorted. That would explain the resistor being totally fried. At low speed the motor current goes through the the entire resistor.

I have no low blower speed on my 91 Camery, I can't find the resistor but at $90.00 I may just live with no low speed.

arta

Old 07-29-06, 03:17 PM
Are you sure blower motor circuit use 10A fuse?, usually 30A or atleast 25A fuse is used for blower motor circuit, with that said, don't just put 30A fuse in replace for 10A circuit, you need to find out why it blows the fuse first, posible bad motor, disconnect the blower motor then turn the fan on and see if it's still blows.

Old 08-01-06, 07:53 PM
Fixed...for now

I bought a new blower motor ($70) and installed it and it's working great and no longer blows the air conditioner fuse. I had to reverse the wires on the new motor to make it blow in the right direction. Thanks for the responses.

Search this Thread