lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock

Old 07-19-06, 03:13 PM
lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock

My Nissan Quest doors lock by themselves. I hit the unlock button on the remote, they lock back. I press the unlock botton inside, they lock back. Not always, and not always immediately. Sometimes they stay unlocked for a long time and then just automatically lock for no apparent reason. All the doors lock at once. Very annoying. Ideas, anyone?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-06, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by dholl3575
My Nissan Quest doors lock by themselves. I hit the unlock button on the remote, they lock back. I press the unlock botton inside, they lock back. Not always, and not always immediately. Sometimes they stay unlocked for a long time and then just automatically lock for no apparent reason. All the doors lock at once. Very annoying. Ideas, anyone?

Try remove the battery of the key fob and see if it's stills acting.

What year is it?.

Old 07-19-06, 06:32 PM
It's a 1998. Same behavior when you take the battery out of the remote.

Correction to earlier: my wife says not all doors always lock at once. Sometimes one, sometimes some, sometimes all. Never consistent.

Old 07-19-06, 08:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
With out going all complex which I won't check to make sure all the locks are completing unlocking not partially. Also make sure all door handles are completely closed not partially. I will let some one else walk you through the eletrical. This one can get complex quick for a novice in electrical. Does your dome light come on with each door individually.